The Grammy Awards: What Did You Expect?

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death." - Proverbs 14:12


After reading about all of the hubbub surrounding the Grammys, I'm left to consider "what's all the fuss about?"  I mean really, what did you expect?  Did you expect to see God being glorified?  Did you expect to see performers being modest, or did you expect to see any of the fruits of the Spirit manifested?  Were you surprised to see an "anti-biblical", "progressive", "deviant",  "culturally-relevant" message being conveyed?

If we are perplexed by any of the above questions, then perhaps we are not seeking answers in the right places.  If you profess to be a Bible believing Christian, then you definitely are misguided in your presumptions and you are certainly looking to all of the wrong places for answers!

While it is true that Jesus involved Himself in the life of sinners, it is also true that He wasn't influenced by what the culture deemed as normal, nor did he participate in those sinful activities.  In fact, Jesus was radical in many of His teachings, contrary to what many of the so-called "teachers of the Law" were advocating.  He would be what many in the media would call a "right wing extremist" today. He was very "anti-cultural".  Jesus' purpose was to save sinners, not to perpetuate, or revel in their sinfulness!

In closing, let me end my random rant by saying this:  I think Jesus would have gotten up on stage and overturned mics, tables, and props, when acts such as those that were performed perverted the message of the Bible (if you watched, or read anything about the performances, you'll understand what I'm talking about).  He would have then offered a clear, concise (though very anti-progressive according to today's standards)  message that would have started with "It is written...!"

"How can a young man keep his way pure?  By guarding it according to your word.  With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!  I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." - Psalm 119: 9-11


Comments

Popular Posts